Thursday, October 6, 2011

All about Eli

I love my little guy. (Although, he really isn't so little anymore.) Poor Eli has been sick last night and today. Even though he doesn't feel well he hasn't slowed down at all. Anyways, yesterday I was thinking about journal-ing about Eli during this fun stage of life:

Eli is growing up so fast. His teeth didn't come in until he was 17 months old, but it seems like once that happened he was ready to start talking and interacting with me a lot more. He is really good at repeating almost anything I say to him. It's amazing! Plus it's adorable to hear his sweet little voice. Even when he says no (which just this week became his favorite word to say) the way he shakes his head and his tiny voice are so endearing.

Late last week he got downstairs in the basement for the first time. We have a little train table and a few train tracks down there, plus other toys that are kept in the basement that he had never seen before. He was in heaven! He is obsessed with Thomas the train, and I think having a new space to discover and toys that were unfamiliar to him was very exciting. He can't open most doors in the house, but he has figured out this door knob, so he lets himself down there whenever he pleases.

We like to practice animal sounds and I quiz him on body parts and he does really well. His vocabulary has grown immensely in the past month, and I love that he can communicate with us more. It's fun to hear him say things like "piggy back" is "pih bah baa" or "hungry" is "un gee" "Abe" is "aaaaa" and "Eli" is "eeee". So he is probably (hopefully) doing and saying normal things for his age. He is curious and into everything.

I think he is a clever little boy. In fact, at bedtime recently he has figured out how to stall for some extra time. We go through our bedtime routine and I leave the boys (we recently put them in the same room due to Abe's request) and close the door. Within about 5 minutes Eli is calling for me. When I go in to give him one more hug and kiss good night he says "un gee". I'll ask, "are you hungry?" He gets so happy and gives me a tight squeeze and I can't help myself. I carry him downstairs for a little bedtime snack. It has become a part of our bedtime routine. We all know that the first time putting him to bed is a farce. He is so sweet and cute and I think for now it's fine to give in on such a little thing.

Eli also started undressing himself. At first it was just his socks. Then his pants. Now he has figured out shirts and has started pulling at his diaper too. Yikes!

Here's a picture of the would be streaker:

Photobucket

I love you Eli!

No comments:

Post a Comment