Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chicken Taco Soup

Andy and I got a Crockpot as a wedding gift. It wasn't until this year that I really started using it. I don't know what I was doing all those years! Slow cookers are amazing! I am so happy that I finally found some easy, delicious recipes to make in our Crockpot. This is one my friend Brittany told me about and I also found it at a blog called http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/

Seeing it on her blog reminded me I've been wanting to make this recipe for quite a while. I made it yesterday and it was great! (Andy tolerated it.) It reminds me of a soup my sister Anna makes, but hers has rice in it. And maybe even cream of chicken soup. I'll have to get her recipe and make it. Maybe Andy will prefer that soup.

Here's the recipe:

Chicken Taco Soup

2-4 chicken breast (depending on size, about 1 pound)
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans or light red kidney beans
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles (I used 1 28 oz can regular diced tomatoes)
1 8oz can tomato sauce (I skipped this)
14oz chicken broth
1 1.25 oz packet taco seasoning

Place all the above ingredients into your crockpot and mix well. Set on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4. Pull the chicken out, shred, and place back into Crockpot. Enjoy!

Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and chips (Fritos, Doritos or tortilla chips).

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment