Monday, October 17, 2011

Fun with the Deydrator

I borrowed my mom's dehydrator a few weeks ago. I love it! I have done apples now, twice, and for the first time dried pear slices.

Apples are super easy and really yummy! The first time I made them I was worried I didn't get enough moisture out, but from what I have been able to figure out reading online and from the dehydrator instructions, apples will be pliable when done, and that's okay.

Here are some apples ready to go.

Photobucket

So, pears were on sale at Aldi and I thought this would be a fun experiment. First, I washed the pears.

Photobucket

Then peeled them.

Photobucket

Cut them in half.

Photobucket

Took my melon baller and scooped out the core.

Photobucket

Sliced. (and it took me until the last two to figure out that I could cut them to look like the apples)

Photobucket

Put in lemon water to help prevent discoloration.

Photobucket

And spread out on the drying racks.

Photobucket

I dried the apples and pears at the same time and it worked great. I had the temperature at 135 degrees and let them go overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment