Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cilantro Ranch Dressing

I know I make a lot of comments that Andy doesn't like things that I cook. I don't want to be unfair to him. Andy likes lots of food. He likes Chinese, Italian and American food. He doesn't like Thai, Indian or Greek food, which is too bad because I love them so much!

This is one of Andy's favorite dressings. Before I would just make it when I would do a copycat Cafe Rio pork recipe to make those salads. Andy loves the dressing so much I am trying to keep it in the fridge more often.

Here is the recipe:

Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dressing

Things you’ll need:

* 1 pkg hidden valley ranch
* 1 cup mayonnaise (we use Miracle Whip)
* 1 cup chopped cilantro
* 2 cloves garlic
* 3 tomatillos (can skip, they are good, but the flavor is fine without them)
* 1/3 cup buttermilk
* 1/4 tsp cayenne (I just use a dash, if any. This stuff is spicy!)

I also add 2 Tablespoons of lime juice.

Directions:

Blend all ingredients except mayo in blender and mix well. Then add mayonnaise and pulse until creamy Store in fridge.
(When using tomatillos I'd recommend the blender. When I don't use tomatillos I just mix everything in a bowl with a whisk.)

Photobucket

I have gotten in the habit where I keep empty dressing bottles. It's perfect now that I am making more dressings on my own.

Photobucket

This dressing is great on romaine lettuce with cheddar cheese, black beans and grilled chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment