Monday, October 10, 2011

Waffles

Abe asked for waffles for breakfast the other morning. I don't have any Bisquick at the moment, and I also don't have any Krusteaz Belgian waffle mix. Not to worry! Melskitchencafe.com to the rescue!

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2008/02/classic-buttermilk-waffles-with-cheese.html

(I didn't do the cheese part that she described.)

Here's the recipe:

Buttermilk Waffles

2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups (14 ounces) buttermilk (I didn't have any, so I used milk plus 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice)
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature ( I cut this down to 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups (7 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar ( I used slightly less)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt (I used slightly less)

In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla. In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients; combine the wet and dry ingredients just until smooth.

My waffle iron makes 2 waffles at a time. I used 1/4 cup of batter on each side. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the iron stops steaming.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment