Here's the recipe:
Cabbage Ramen Noodle Salad
1 small Nappa Valley Cabbage (I don't know what this is. I used a regular green cabbage)
1 bunch green onions
1 package Ramen Noodles- Oriental
2 oz slivered almonds (I used 1.5 oz chopped almonds)
3 oz sunflower seeds (I used 3/4 Tbs. sesame seeds instead)
1 Tablespoons olive oil
Sauce (mix in blender or in a bowl with a whisk):
Ramen seasonings packet
½ cup oil
¼ cup cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Option-Add grilled chicken
Option-Add grated carrots. It may not true to the recipe but it adds a nice color and flavor to it.
Slice cabbage and onions thinly- put in bowl
Crush noodles, add almonds and seeds
Heat oil in frying pan: add noodles, seeds and nuts and sauté until golden (stirring constantly) (could brown in butter instead of oil)
Add sauce at last minute- will not hold!
I love this salad. At the farmer's market downtown you can get a huge cabbage for $1. Ramen is cheap. And everything else I already had, making this is a relatively inexpensive meal. I added some grilled chicken to make it an entree.
Since the salad doesn't keep well I kept all of the components separate until I served it.
No comments:
Post a Comment