Ingredients
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
- 2/3 cup whole milk (I used skim)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I used 1/4 tsp and they still turned out really spicy)
- Flour, for dusting the work surface
Your favorite chili
Toppings:
- Shredded sharp Cheddar
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions (white and green parts)
- Corn chips
Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Invert a muffin tin and spray the underside with vegetable oil cooking spray.
Stir together the baking mix, milk, and cayenne. Shape into a ball. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 3 or 4 times. Divide the ball into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a 6-inch circle. Place a dough circle over the back of each muffin cup. Press around the cup to form a bowl shape. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool slightly. Remove the biscuit bowls and reserve.



These are lots of fun. I could see making them mini muffin sized which would be great as an appetizer. Also, our bowls got a little soggy, so next time we'll just have to eat them faster once they are served.
I really enjoy the idea of making bowls out of biscuits. I'd like to see if I can do the same thing with corn bread. I love corn bread with chili.
No comments:
Post a Comment