I got this recipe from my mom. I'm pretty sure she got it from her Betty Crocker cookbook. It's great. Basic ingredients. Delicious results.
Here's the recipe:
4 cups sliced tart apples (about 4 medium) (or 1 jar of canned apple pie apples)
2/3 to 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (since the apples already have sugar I use 2/3 cup)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick oats (I used quick oats, I have lots of them)
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I am not a huge fan of nutmeg, so I used a few dashes)
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange apples in greased square pan, 8x8x2 inches. Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over apples.
Bake until topping is golden brown and apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Serve warm and, if desired, with ice cream.
This is where it gets good. This can be cooked in the microwave and it's every bit as good as being baked in the oven. Sweet! Use ungreased 2 quart glass casserole or square baking dish 8x8x2 inches. Microwave uncovered until apples are tender, about 12 minutes.

We enjoyed ours tonight with some caramel sauce and cool whip.
How do you stay so skinny???? Seriously!
ReplyDeleteVery funny Ruth! I have put on a few pounds since the weather cooled off and I started baking so much. I've been trying to exercise a little more to make up for it.
ReplyDelete