Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Maple Vinaigrette

This is one of my all-time favorite salad dressings. I never knew how easy it is to make dressing until I made this one. The ingredients are pretty basic. Real maple syrup is a little pricey but worth every penny! I always have some on hand in case I feel a need to make this dressing.

I found this recipe online. It is a copycat to go with the Max and Erma's Apple Pecan Salad, which is amazing!!

Here's the recipe:

Maple Vinaigrette

2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (I use bottled)
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
freshly ground pepper, to taste

In small bowl whisk the vinegar, salt, lemon juice and garlic until salt is dissolved. Add the maple syrup and whisk to blend thoroughly. Add the olive oil and whisk until the ingredients are emulsified. Whisk in pepper and adjust seasonings.


I put it in an empty Garlic Expressions bottle. I love that stuff too!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment