Right now Abe goes to story time once a week. Miss Martha is the best story-teller around and is so patient with all of the kids. After they do stories they make a craft. Today the stories were all about flies and then they made a fly out of paper. Abe has been a stinker every week for story time. Finally today he was more cooperative and participated in the craft. Wahoo!

I recently discovered something awesome that our library has.

There is a row of bookshelves full of blue bags with this Pick Up and Go picture on it. I had passed it before, but finally asked a librarian about them. There are maybe 40 different bags filled with 10 books and 2 DVDs.

They are books and movies for preschool age kids like Abe. It is just what I needed because I go to the library and try to choose books that the boys will like, but I don't remember the books that my mom and teachers read to me when I was little. This solves my problem because the bags have some of the classics that I remember and then many other fun books that Abe really enjoys.
I am grateful to have such an amazing resource available, and for all the things our library does to encourage reading.
That is so cool!!! Let me know some of your favorite books, so I can look for them at my not-so-cool library.
ReplyDeleteThe books and movies from this week haven't been as great as usual... I'll be sure to let you know the good ones that we discover.
ReplyDelete