My last two goals have gone really well. For my daily cleaning the only day that I missed was vacuuming Saturday, and I'll just do it Monday. Awesome. And for the most part I have continued to clean up in the evenings when the boys are asleep before I go to bed. I feel great about that.
This week I am really going to challenge myself. I want to be more patient. That is a pretty broad goal. I've learned to make s.m.a.r.t. goals:
Specific
Motivating
Achievable
Relevant
Trackable
To make this more specific, I want to have more patience as we are running behind my schedule and when the boys are getting on my nerves. I love my boys, but sometimes they drive me crazy. I want to demonstrate love and patience when I would usually raise my voice and get upset.
I am motivated. I feel so bad when I am impatient, and I want to avoid feeling that way.
Achievable... I hope so. It won't be easy, but I think I can do this.
Relevant. Definitely.
As far as tracking this, I think I can keep tabs on how often I feel impatient. I can work on making that number as low as possible.
I know that I often set the mood in the house. When I am impatient and irritable it makes life hard on everyone around me. I do not want that. I can be better. I will be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment